Thursday 25 January 2007

And we've got snow people!! SNOW!!!


Anyone have a car snow brush for your car I can borrow cause I certainly didn't bring one to the UK. Instead, two days ago I was forced to improvise. And can you guess what I used? Yes, that's right folks...a spatula. I stood outside my house and scraped the snow off of my car with a spatula normally reserved for inside jobs like flipping burgers. My neighbors think I've gone and lost my mind. But then again, they probably just shrugged and said "stooooopid American."

Regardless of what an arse I was about to make of myself, Avery, Sloane and I were so excited when we woke up and saw the beautiful snow on the ground. It was awesome, sparkly and gave us a nice little winter wonderland. Wet and sticky, the perfect snow for snowballs and snowmen had fallen on London. Actually, it was the perfect snow to be removed with a spatula come to think of it. Lucky me. Unlucky however were the folks traveling on the tubes that ran above ground, those waiting for a bus or anyone else reliant upon a form of public transportation. Delays were upwards of 50 minutes and many busses just stopped running their routes. Happy was I with my years of upstate New York and Colorado snow driving experience...I laughed in everyone's general direction when I saw all the hazard lights on and the speeds well below 20 MPH. I giggled when thinking about how many Brits probably enabled the 4 wheel drive on their Range Rover after eyeing the roads. For once, since we've been here, I felt mildly superior to those around me merely because I didn't bat an eyelash when checking out the one measley inch of snow.

The girls and I had big plans after school to make our own snowman but alas it was not to be. In a few hours after the snow fell it was gone, only to be replaced by hideously large mud puddles and a random patch of ice here and there. I should probably bring the spatula back to the kitchen but for now I think I'll keep it in the car, just in case the weathermen are right again and we get another inch.

No comments: