Sunday 15 February 2009

Anderson's escapades in eating...and jumping...

This kid can put it away. I'm not sure if you all saw one of Anders first experiences with food but it put us all on the floor laughing hysterically. In case you missed it on YouTube or Facebook, here it is again (click on the colored lettering):


Since then, as I'm sure you'd all like to know, he's drastically improved in his technique. By leaps and bounds! At almost 6 months (YIKES!!) he'll put down peas, a fancy mediterranean rice dinner, prunes, apples and even sweet potato. That's in one meal. ONE MEAL!!! And, if you don't feed him fast enough he gets pretty cranky. Kinda like his daddy I guess. He's quite the connoisseur! Swede, parsnips, sweet potato, zucchini (or courgette here), avocado, green beans, peas, carrots...you name it the kid eats it. I've even started making my own baby food...I know I know. Shocked as you all may be at that...get this...I can sew too! ~GASP!~

Now (since it's been 4 months since I started writing this post and he's now 10 months...DOUBLE YIKES!) there is still nothing he WON'T eat. With only 2 bottom teeth he can still put away apples, toast, chicken, roast beef, salmon, cod, plums...you name it! One of his favorites is chicken liver...WRETCH!!! There are many times we've fed him dinner twice. He may not look like a chubby little fat baby but this kids is solid and weighs a ton!

mmmm....peaches

Regardless, I am shocked at the amount of food consumed by one so small. VeRONica and I keep wondering if we should just keep feeding him until he pukes so we can see just how much his little belly can actually hold?!! I wish I had more pictures to post but there all stuck on my external hard drive back in London (sorry).

Perhaps he has such an appetite because of all the energy his expends while he's in his jumperoo. I've never seen anything like it. He's got one that sits on the floor by itself and then there's the really cool one that hangs from our door jambs. At least that's how it's supposed to work. In our house the doors are unusually low while the ceilings are at least 11 feet tall...go figure. So, we've put it on the door that separates our living room with from our sitting room. The jumper doesn't reach the floor properly and Anders can just reach it with his toes and when he gets going there's no stopping him. Here is what the little daredevil does (I had to put it on youtube since the file was too big for blogger...click the colored lettering again)


And then, there's Bones. It's been awhile since you've seen him I'm sure. He's only grown about 6 inches and gained about 40 pounds but it doesn't mean he isn't above snuggling and looking for cuddles. Danes are enormous dogs and many people on our high street are scared of him because of his sheer size but in all honesty...he is the biggest pile of smoosh ever. He thinks he's the size of a poodle (though he stands 34" at the shoulders and weighs about 138 pounds now) and will crawl up into your lap if you give him the chance. He adores Anders and he plays well with the girls. He has a heart to match the size of his body and he will do anything for some love...even pretend he's the carpet...check it out below: (click on the colored lettering again)

No comments: